As you can tell by my absence the past few weeks, I had a great holiday!
But now it is back to business. And speaking of Holidays.......
New in the SHOP this week:
These banners are terrific.
Let me tell you an easy trick on how to make the cutest & easiest bunting banner ever!
1. Choose your Holiday Banner, and some fabric for backing.
Each Banner Set comes with 18 Triangle Penants, at approximately 24"x44/45", so you will 3/4 yard of your backing fabric.
Each Triangle is about 7.5" across the top, and sides measure 10". The perfect size!
Luckily Riley Blake has provided some seriously cute coordinating prints for banner backing.
2. Now, sandwich some thin batting between your banner fabric and the backing. Right sides out on the front and back.
3. Now, pin throughout so you won't have any wrinkles, or puckering. You want it to lay flat.
4. Next you will sew along the inside edge of each triangle, making each triangle it's own inside triangle...hope this is making sense.
5. Now, simply cut out each triangle, just along the outside edge of the triangle and your pennants are ready to string up however you please. The batting will give them form, and the backing is already on there and you only had to cut out each triangle once!
Awesome trick, Huh?
I hope to make one this week and then post a tutorial with pictures for you all.
I plan on making one for each holiday, they are just too cute, and too easy!
Just click on any picture and you will be directed to the shop where you can find all these banners for you to grab hold of!
Have a great weekend!