Okay, I admit it, I was a bit of a slacker this last week.
So here it the tutorial I promised for last Friday :)
The window was really plain and sad without a curtain, so I decided to remedy that!
*I bought a curtain rod at Walmart
* and I used 46" of fabric
I wanted my finished curtain to be about 92"x 22". My window is only about 45" wide, but I wanted it to gather and be ruffly, so I double the length I needed.
So I took my 46"x44" piece of fabric, and cut it straight down the fold, giving me (2) 46"x22" pieces.
Then I sewed them together. Giving me (1) 92"x22" piece.
Along the bottom of the valance, I folded over 1/4" and pressed it down.
Then I folded that 1/4 inch down another 1/4 inches and pressed it down as well.
Then I just straight stitched all the way along the bottom to finish the edge.
I repeated this step along the top of the valance, and both sides as well.
Next, at the top of the valance, I folded down the finished edge 3", and pressed it flat.
And sewed a straight stitch all the way across the top of the valance, close to the edge.
My curtain rod was about 1" in diameter, so then I moved up from my finished edge about 1.5" and sewed another straight line all the way across the top of the curtain. Making the casing that the rod will fit into.
Having that extra 1.5" across the top of the valance made a cute little ruffle!
Here is the finished product!
The nursery is just about finished and I can't wait to show you all the whole thing!